Helping our youth prepare to succeed in Steele County:
United Way is working to ensure that our kids start school prepared to succeed, have increased reading proficiency at a young age, remain on track through the school age years and eventually go on to graduate from high school & continue on to post-secondary education.
This is important:
The cornerstone for future success is a quality education. Graduates have a higher earning potential, are more engaged in their communities, and contribute more to the economy.
When our area youth has access to a better quality education:
- They are more likely to live a better quality lifestyle, earn more money, & are also more likely to raise kids of their own that will also graduate on time & pursue higher education beyond high school.
2017 United Way of Steele County - Partnering Programs:
- Community Based Mentoring (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota)
- Youth Development (Boys & Girls Club, Blooming Prairie Unit)
- Violence Prevention (Crisis Resource Center)
- In-Home Mentoring (Exchange Club Center for Family Unity)
- Childcare Scholarships (ISD #761 - Owatonna Public Schools)
- Childcare Scholarships (ISD #763 - Medford Public School)
- Adult Language Education (Somali American Cultural Society of Owatonna)
- Children's Tutoring (Somali American Cultural Society of Owatonna)