Helping our youth prepare to succeed in Steele County: United Way is working to ensure that our kids start school prepared to succeed, have increased reading proficiency at a young age, remain on track through the school age years and eventually go on to graduate from high school & continue on to post-secondary education.
Our Partner Programming:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern MN - Community Based Mentoring Program, REACH Program
- Blooming Prairie Youth Club - Youth Development Program
- Grandparents for Education - High Risk Student Tutoring
- ISD 763 Medford Public School - Medford Tiger Club
- Somali American Cultural Society of Owatonna - Homework Help/Tutoring
Why This Is Important:
The cornerstone for future success is a quality education. Graduates have a higher earning potential, are more engaged in their communities, and contribute more to the economy.
When our area youth have access to a better quality education:
- They are more likely to live a better quality lifestyle, earn more money, and are also more likely to raise kids of their own that will also graduate on time & pursue post-secondary education options.