Increase financial stability in Steele County: Individuals & families in our communities want increased financial stability and the opportunity to better support themselves. This can be accomplished by having decent paying jobs, increased financial knowledge, saving money, and building credit & gaining assets while also decreasing one's debt.
Our Partner Programming:
- Cedar Valley Services - Competitive Placement Program, Preschool Transportation Program
- Children's Remedial Fund - Children's Healthcare Program
- Community Pathways of Steele County - Marketplace Program, Unique Finds Program
- Furnishing Hope - Furnishing Hope Program
- Rachel's Light - Stabilization Program
- Transitional Housing of Steele County - Eviction Prevention Program, Transitional Housing Program
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Universal Customer Program
Why this is important:
Most of the jobs in our area require post-secondary education for those who wish to earn living wages. Meaning less dependency of government support or low-income support programs.
When members of our communities are able to find decent living wage jobs, better provide for their families & save money for the future:
- They and their children are more likely to enjoy healthier lives and succeed in school & at the workplace.
- Financial stability for both individuals and families in Steele County will lead to a more competitive local workforce and stronger communities!