Building healthier communities in Steele County:
United Way is working to build stronger communities by promoting increased physical activity along with healthier lifestyle choices. We're focused on increasing access to healthier foods, quality health care, and better opportunity for physical activity.
This is important:
The foundation for a healthy way of life is in our communities & enviornments we all work, live, and play in. When people have access to healthy food, quality medical care and access to better quality parks & playgrounds - they are more likely to succeed in all areas of life. United Way is creating solutions that will improve Steele County's quality of life.
When members of our communities are able to have access to healthy food, quality medical insurance & better access to increased physical activities:
- They and their children are more likely to enjoy healthier lives and better succeed in school & at the workplace.
2018 United Way of Steele County - Partnering Programs:
- Child Abuse Prevention (Crisis Resource Center)
- Domestic Violence Prevention (Crisis Resource Center)
- Supervised Visitation (Exchange Club Center for Family Unity)
- Free Clinic (Free Clinic of Steele County)
- Neighbor to Neighbor Program (Healthy Seniors of Steele County)
- Clinical Dental (Let's Smile, Inc.)
- Oral Health Education (Let's Smile, Inc.)
- Sage Enrichment Center (South Central Human Relations Center)
- Senior Nutrition (SEMCAC)