United Way of Steele County is excited to announce the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes service. United Way is providing free online tax filing software to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone.
MyFreeTaxes is a free and easy way to file federal return and state tax returns for free.
- More than 1.3 million people have used MyFreeTaxes
- MyFreeTaxes has helped individuals and households save $260 million in filing fees.
By using MyFree Taxes, you can complete your return in under an hour and save an average of $200 in tax preparation fees. Key features with the software include:
- Screening for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure you receive your maximum tax refund.
- Showing how and why your refund amount is changing in real time.
- Live tax assistance from IRS-certified specialists.
MyFreeTaxes is the largest free, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way provides the service as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.