Increase financial stability in Steele County:
Individuals & families in our communities want increased financial stability & the opportunity to better support themselves. This can be accomplished by having decent paying jobs, increased financial knowledge, saving money, and building credit & gaining assets while also decreasing one's debt.
This is important:
Most of the jobs in our area require post-secondary education for those who wish to earn living wages. Meaning less dependency of government support or low-income support programs.
When members of our communities are able to find decent living wage jobs, better provide for their families & save money for the future:
- They and their children are more likely to enjoy healthier lives and succeed in school & at the workplace.
- Financial stability for both individuals & families in Steele County will lead to a more competative local workforce and stronger communities!
2017 United Way of Steele County - Partnering Programs:
- Disabled Senior Activities (Cedar Valley Services)
- Children's Healthcare (Children's Remedial Fund)
- Boots to Work Program (Salvation Army)
- Family Law (Southern MN Regional Legal Services)
- Government Benefits (Southern MN Regional Legal Services)
- Free Store (Steele County Clothesline)
- Groceries (Steele County Food Shelf)
- Eviction Prevention (Transitional Housing of Steele County)
- Transitional Housing (Transitional Housing of Steele County)